Saturday, December 3, 2011

Le Drug Smuggle Fail

French TV stars and NYC mobsters involved in a big drug smuggle via luxury car???  Eh.


I think I look for something a little too specific when it comes to movies made in the 70s and 80s, mainly because in comparison to what my generation is used to seeing at the movies, mob flicks like the French Connection come off a tad corny.  I was told before viewing this film that it contained THE best car chase scene of ALL TIME.  uh.........  not so much.  It was exciting, it was suspenseful, but THE BEST OF ALL TIME?  not so much.  I already know that the chariot scene from Ben Hur FAR outweighs this even though that isn't technically a chase scene.....  just a small technicality.

As much as I enjoyed watching Gene Hackman and the guy from Jaws being the worst policemen to ever exist, this movie was only mildly entertaining as a whole.


Rating:
Visual - 4
Acting - 7
Script/Plot - 5
Attention - 5
Emotional Response - 5

Total = 26/50

No comments:

Post a Comment