Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ending the Hiatus

So I haven't posted on here in a long time -- mostly because I tend to never finish what I start -- but also because for a bit I wasn't watching a whole lot of movies.  With a newfound boredom due to nights home alone and being awake until about 5am, I have picked up the list where I left off, and have decided to keep writing about my ventures.

I am not, however, going to write a post for every movie I have watched in the past year.  I don't have the energy for that.  So for a small update I will give you my rankings as of right now.  My top 5 is significantly different than the last time I posted...


46 - Forrest Gump
45 - Yankee Doodle Dandy
44 - Butch Cassidy/Sundance Kid
44 - Toy Story
44 - Shawshank Redemption

42 - Silence of the Lambs
41 - Titanic
41 - A Night at the Opera
40 - Ben Hur
40 - Goodfellas
39 - Pulp Fiction
39 - Sunrise
38 - The Apartment
38 - Sophie's Choice
38 - 12 Angry Men
38 - Platoon
37 - Swing Time
36 - Sixth Sense
35 - Modern Times
34 - All the President's Men
31 - Bringing Up Baby
30 - Do the Right Thing
29 - Easy Rider
26 - French Connection
24 - Spartacus
23 - Blade Runner
17 - In the Heat of the Night
14 - Last Picture Show
14 - The Wild Bunch



It seems obvious that Shawshank Redemption currently sits among the Top 5 since it is so widely loved, but I must say that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid proved quite a surprise for me.  I am not a fan of westerns for the most part.  The only western I remember truly loving was the Coen brothers reimagination of True Grit.  I am just not entertained by the John Waynes and Dirty Harrys, etc.  Butch and Sundance, however, were wonderful to watch.  A pair of dirty rotten scoundrels that you were rooting for not only because of their dashing good looks, but their endless humor.  And of course, I am in love with Robert Redford.  End of story.



I finally saw Silence of the Lambs after years of my begging my mother to "rent the butterfly movie".  Although Anthony Hopkins is wonderfully chilling, and Jodie Foster superb as the enthralling Clarice, it fell just short of the Top 5 after rewatching the Shawshank Redemption.



And as for the movie that now holds the #1 spot, what can I say but, RUN FORREST RUNNNNNNNNNNNN.


No comments:

Post a Comment